Old-Fashioned COCA-COLA CAKE...created in the southern part of the USA during the 1950's!! Made with real Coca-Cola (soda pop)!! Don't miss out on this deliciously moist Chocolate Cake.This is one of the antique and yummy coco cola cake recipe which can made in home easily without any much effort.Best for child birthday party.Try once in your home and make your child and hubby more happy...
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 (12 oz.) can of Coca-Cola
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 (12 oz.) can Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup pecans, optional
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 13" by 9" pan. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add flour with sugar,baking soda,salt and cinnamon..
- Whisk them together until it's well Incorporated.
- Once it get incorporated shift it aside.
- In a small sauce pan add coco powder,butter and coca cola and now this is gonna be on over medium heat stir continuously until it just becomes to boil.
- Coca cola mixture is ready to pour into a dry ingredients.Pour it this into a flour mixture, stirring until just moist.
- In a mixing bowl add butter milk,eggs and vanilla extract and give it a lovely mixing.
- Pour egg mixture into the coca cola mixture and give it nice whisk or until it's very well blended it's take about 1 minute to 2 minute make sure it well be very well incorporated.
- Pour into prepared butter pan and bake this about 25 to 30 minutes or until the tooth pick inserted in the center and come's out clean.
- About 15 minutes before cake has completely baking.Prepare frosting glaze.
- So for frosting glaze pour the 2nd coca cola can into the medium saucepan and bring it to a boil and reduce cola liquid to 1/2 cup it takes around 12 minutes.
- When coca cola reduce to 1/2 cup add butter,coco and whisk this around until the butter and cocoa has dissolve.Remove from heat
- Whisk in powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in pecans (optional) at this time. Pour over warm cake. Cool about 1 hour before serving.