- 1 cup sooji/rava
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp coriander
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp eno fruit salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- Green chillies to taste(chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger(minced)
- Few curry leaves
- 1/2 medium size onion(chopped)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp urid dal
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 10 cashews(chopped)
- In a mixing bowl add sooji,salt and yogurt.Mix them well together and rest for 10 minutes while preparing the seasoning.
- Heat a medium pan.
- Add mustard seeds and allowed them to pop.
- Add cumin seeds and lets them sizzle.
- Add chana dal,urid dal,green chillies,cashews nuts,ginger and fry it till the cashew nuts turns to golden color or fry it for 10 seconds.
- Add curry leaves,onion and cook tills the onions turn golden brown.
- Add coriander and give the good mix.Then turn off the heat immediately add this seasoning on the top of the prepared batter.
- Mix it well add some water because it bring right consistency to batter and set aside.
- Meanwhile add water into the idli cooker and cover it with lid.
- Allow water to come to the boil.
- Meanwhile grease the idli plates with few drops of oil and spread evenly.
- Finally add eno fruit salt into the batter and gently mix with prepared batter.
- Add 2 tbsp batter to each moulds and stuck the idli plates such that holes of the plates and not in the straight line.
- Put idli plate into the idli cooker with its water boiling.
- Steam them for 10 to 15 minutes or until the tooth pick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- Once idli has done take the out the plates from the cooker and rest them for 5 minutes.
- Once it has done serve it in a plate.