- 450 g Shortcrust pastry
- 300 g Prepared apples,cored,peeled,sliced
- 25 g Brown sugar
- 1 Egg(beaten)
- 30 ml Milk
- 12 1/2 Caster sugar
- Roll out half the pastry and line a 22 cm pie plate then place prepared fruit on lined plate and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to make a lid for the pie.
- Moisten edge of lined and place lid on pie,press edges together gently to seal.
- cut off excess pastry around edges with a sharp knife mix them together the egg and milk to form a glaze brush over pie and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Preheat the oven when oven is preheated place pie on turntable then bake on convection 180C for 45-50 minutes until light golden brown.