- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 6 tbsp cornflour
- Dash Salt
- 1 1/4 Cups boiling water
- 3 Eggs yolks(slightly beaten)
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/3 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 3 Eggs whites
- Dash salt
- 6 tbsp sugar
- Prepare baked pastry shell set aside for filling combine sugar,cornflour and salt in glass measuring cup;mix well.
- stir in boiling water.
- Cook on 100% microwave power for 4 to 5 minutes or until thick,Stirring after first 2 minutes and then after every minute.
- Best small amount of hot mixture into beater,egg yolk and then return to hot mixture.
- Stir in butter,lemon juice and lemon peel.
- Turn hot filling into backed pastry shell then for meringue,beat egg whites and salt until frothy then add sugar gradually,beating until stiff peaks form spoon meringue onto filling spread evenly and seal to edge.
- Swirl top with back of spoon.
- Cook convection for 20-22 minutes at 180C or until lightly browned then cool on metal rack.