Chicken and vegetable spring roll
- 1/2 Head of small cabbage"Shredded-spring rolls"
- 2 Medium carrots"julienne"
- 1 Cup bean"sprouts"
- 1 Big onion"chopped"
- 1 tbsp freshly ginger"grated"
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp red chili sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1st Marinate the chicken with half-tsp of salt,quarter-tsp white pepper and about 1 tsp of cornflour"cornflour will absorb the moisture from the chicken and mix them well.
- Heat oil in a pan after oil getting hot add the marinate chicken.Keep stirring well as chicken will together and form a lump.You cant break the lump later.So be careful cook on low flame.
- Continue cooking till moisture completely evaporates.
- Once it has done take it out in a bowl and keep aside.
- Wipe the pan clean and heat 1 tbsp of oil again add chopped garlic-ginger.Saute it for few seconds.Now for onions and saute for a while"You don't need to make a brown.When the onions are translucent add all the veggies one by one".
- Add carrots,cabbage and sprouts"you can add any vegetables of your choice but don't add those vegetables whose water contains to much like tomato because its make your filing soggy".Just toss them.
- veggies don't take much time to cook and i don't want that veggies are overcooked because they will cook again in lot of hot oil while deep frying springs rolls.So just make sure they are crunchy enough when you bite the vegetables.It will take 1 to 2 minutes all total,not more then that.
- Then add chicken,soya sauce and red chili sauce toss for a while.After combing them add chopped spring onion,just a little toss. im not gonna add salt right now because i don't want moisture of the vegetables oozed out.I add salt after they are completely cooked.
- Once it done add salt and pepper now mix gently.
- Take out in a plate and let it come down in a room temperature .So you can easily handle it.
- Take on wrapper and place wrapper on a clean dry surface like diamond.
- Cover rest of wrapper with towel to keep moist else they will dry out and crack quickly if left uncovered.
- Place 1 tbsp filling near the corner not more then that less filling the higher,overstuffed to Spring Rolls break in a very half.
- So fold over the corner,roll tight,Fold over left aspect,fold over the opposite aspect leave no space or air pockets.Air pockets cause for oil flowing and result is oily roll"i know you don't want a that"roll up tightly towards the top of corners.Brush a little cornstarch slurry along the edge.Close it up you can see that how nice and neat roll is wrapper..So here your all Spring Roll is prepared to to go in hot oil.
- Careful slide the Spring Rolls in.
- Don't over crowd Spring Rolls in a pan because they wont cook evenly.
- Keep flipping it over to get even coloring.Fry until the roll get golden brown.
- Now my hot crispy Chicken and vegetable spring rolls are already to take out.Place them to all in paper towel let the napkin to soak all the excess oil.
- Garnish as you wish and serve with your favorite dip.