Kashmiri dum aloo
- 500 gm medium potatoes(peeled)
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 50 gm khoya
- Oil for deep frying
- 150 gm yogurt
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp fennel powder
- 1/2 tbsp green cardamon
- 1/4 tsp dry ginger(soonth)
- 1/2 tsp cumin(roasted)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1/2 tsp ghee
- 2 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- 3 Green chilies(silted)
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Pinch of clove powder
- For Kashmiri dum aloo Recipe take a big bowl and put all potatoes in it,then use a fork to holes in the potatoes approximately 6 to 8 times so the potatoes can absorb all spices and masala...
- In a large pot bring a water to boil,add salt and put all potatoes in a bowling water and cook on high flame 4 to 5 minutes...
- Once the all potatoes done remove it from water..
- Add turmeric powder and salt to potatoes,toss well it combine..
- Heat substantial amount of oil in pan and deep fry the potatoes on a medium heat till it turn into nice golden brown..When all potatoes cooked perfectly keep in absorbing paper and set a aside...
- In the main time mix the yogurt with red chili,cardamom powder,roasted cumin powder,dry ginger powder and fennel powder gave a nice stir.When it became ready keep it aside...
- In another pan heat 2 tbsp mustard oil and ghee tempter the oil with jeera,cinnamon, stick,asafoetida and clove powder gave quick stir..
- Add silted green chilies and cover the pan immediately(because as they will splatted and can hurt you.Its better to flame low after couple of seconds they will stop splatted)so open the lid and stir again...
- Once they are done add prepare yogurt and spice mix and cook it for medium flame for 5 minutes until the masala start leaving oil and raw flavor gone...
- Add fried potatoes and stir all the potatoes in a masala and cook it 4 to 5 minutes after that add khoya then cook for a while..
- Add water,cover the pan with lid and simmer for 20 minutes...
- After 20 minutes remove the lid(as you can see gravy became thick potatoes also became nice and tender..
- If you want to make gravy then you can add little water in this stage..
- Kashmiri dum aloo recipe almost done,add little sugar,garam masala and gave a good mix ..
- For garnish chopped coriander and little cream...So here hot and spicy Kashmiri Dum Aloo is ready...
- For Kashmiri Dum Aloo Recipe always try to use baby potatoes as per as possible.In winter time you can get a plenty of new and fresh baby potatoes in a market...
- Rest of year you can use big potatoes..