Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani
- 1500 kg chicken
- 500 g basmatic rice
- 3 Bay leaf
- 3 Star anise
- 2 Cinnamon stick
- 4 Cloves
- 6 Cardamon
- 1 tbs shahi jeera
- 1 tsp lichen
- 6 Pepper corn
- 2 Mace
- 150 g Golden fried onions
- 2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 Cup yogurt
- 1 Bite coriander(chopped)
- 1 Bite mint(chopped)
- 5 Green chilly
- 1/2 Cup oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
First make a powder of all the Spices
- Take a bowl add chicken pieces and add chilly powder,ginger garlic paste,turmeric,salt,coriander powder,curd,chopped mint leaves,coriander leaves,fried onions,green chilly,lime juice,oil and mix it well after mix it put in the refrigerator over the night...
- Then heat water in a vessel and let it come to boil.
- Add oil,salt,shahi jeera,bay leaf and add basmatic rice(Soak the rice for 1 hour).
- Cook rice till 70% then add layer of chicken marinate and layer of rice.
- Sprinkle fried onions and add dissolved saffron strands in milk.
- Then add ghee(optional),kewra water,rose water and put the lid on which lined with sticky dough for dum.
- First cook it on high for first 4-5 minutes then reduce the flame to low
- Use a griddle under this for even heat transfer and cook it for 25 to 30 minutes and switch off the flame.
- After 40 minutes this will became ready for opening the seal of the lid.
- Never mix the biryani just check it while removing the top rice and check the bottom of the vessel for burnt marks.
- Here your Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani is ready to serve..