- 500 gm basmati rice
- 1 Liter water
- 3 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tsp ginger juice
- 2-3 Green chillies
- 2 tbsp butter/ghee
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 Bay leaves
- 6 Cardamom
- 6 Cloves
- 3 Cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp jayphal and javitri powder
- 1/2 tsp kewra water
- 8-10 Cashew nuts
- 10-12 raisin
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp butter and about 3 tbsp of oil.You can also use regular oil or butter but i prefer you to use clarified butter or ghee because it acts as extra flavor and texture to the pulao.
- When oil is get enough hot add whole spices that is cardamom,cloves,cinnamon stick,bay leaves) saute it for while.
- When it start crackling add green chillies.Saute it for while.
- Now add water(exact double of water).
- When your adding water,make the flame low.At the same time add milk powder and mix it properly so that no lumps were be there,also add jayphal & javitri powder,ginger juice,sugar and salt...Wait for a minutes to bring it to boil.
- After adding all these things,make the flame medium-high and cook the entire process on medium-high heat.
- When it just come to boil add the rice in(when you add rice it stop boiling we should wait for another 2 to 3 minutes until it has half done) and let it again come to boil.
- Before covering the pan add cashew nuts,kewra and raisins.
- Cover the pan and make the heat on simmer for 20 minutes.In the meantime you should not open the plate because if you remove the lid the flavor will go out and you cant enjoy the pulao.
- After 20 minutes check out the pulao, you can see rice is well cooked and separated from each other.
- So our yummy and delicious plain Pulao recipe is ready to serve.